Dense, fudgy coconut brownies packed with chunks of chocolate covered coconut candy bars and white chocolate on an Oreo cookie crust.
Chewy coconut, dense fudgy brownies, and smooth white chocolate – all on top of an Oreo cookie crust. Chewy, gooey, and crunchy in every bite!
These are my “have a little brownie with your mix-ins” brownies, loaded with almost a pound of chocolate covered coconut candy bars, flakes of coconut, and white chocolate chunks. I stuffed this brownie to the limit – and the result is utterly delicious!
These Coconut Brownies can be made without the Oreo cookie crumb crust, but I love it for the added texture and flavor it provides. It also makes a sturdy base for my dense, fudgy brownies that are super moist. I use Bounty candy bars in my brownies but if you can’t find them, you can use Mounds. Bounty is my favorite because they’re covered with milk chocolate. You can find them here.
My favorite way to eat these Coconut Brownies is straight out of the fridge – they are so dense and fudgy. The secret to a fudgy brownie is to not over-bake them. They should be set on top and the edges will just start to look done.
|Fudgy Coconut Brownies with White Chocolate Chunks and an Oreo Crust|| |
- 1½ cups finely ground Oreo cookie crumbs, 17 cookies (6.75oz, 191g)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (2oz, 57g)12 tablespoons butter (6oz, 170g)
- 4oz unsweetened chocolate (113g)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (6oz, 170g)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (3.75oz, 106g)
- 1½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar (9.1oz, 258g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10.4 oz (295g) chocolate covered coconut candy bars (5 Bounty Bars or 6 Mounds Bars) chopped into ⅓ inch chunks
- ¾ cup white chocolate chunks (4oz, 113g)
- ⅔ cup sweetened flaked coconut (1.75oz, 50g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan, see note, and spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Press into the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly while preparing brownie batter.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth. Let cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until blended.
- Add cooled melted butter and melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl and sift over chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Add coconut, candy bar chunks, and white chocolate chunks and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven until set, about 30 minutes. Be careful not to overbake or the brownies will not be fudgy. They should be slightly underdone.
* If you don't have a removable bottom pan, you can line the baking pan with aluminum foil with the edges overhanging the pan so that the brownie lifts out neatly.
You might also like: