Pasta with Pesto, Green Beans, and Potatoes is the classic Genoese pasta dish. According to Marcella Hazan, there is no single dish more delicious in the entire Italian pasta repertory.
Fresh basil pesto, Pesto alla Genovese, is tossed with spaghetti, tender green bean, and sliced potatoes. Softened butter is mixed with the Pesto giving a silky, decadent texture.
Fresh and fragrant, Pasta with Pesto, Green Beans, and Potatoes makes a wonderfully delicious and easy to prepare pasta dish.
|Pasta with Pesto, Green Beans, and Potatoes|| |
- 1 lb box of spaghetti or other pasta (454g)
- 1⅓ cups fresh pesto, recipe here
- 8 oz fresh, young green beans (227g)
- 3 small, new potatoes
- Boil the potatoes with their skins on until they can be pierced easily with a knife. Peel off the skins with a knife and thinly slice.
- Wash and trim the green beans and cook in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, firm to the bite. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Toss pasta with the pesto sauce until thoroughly combined adding a few spoons of reserved cooking water so it is the desired consistency.
- Gently toss in potatoes and green beans.
- Serve immediately.
Please leave a comment below! I’d love to hear from you!