This Peach Crisp is wonderfully delicious with slices of fragrant, juicy, ripe peaches and a crunchy, sweet, buttery topping of brown sugar, oatmeal, and pecans. Peach Crisp is much easier to make than pie and even more flavorful, especially with generous amounts of this sweet crunchy topping.
3 pounds of peaches – about 5 medium -are sliced and mixed with a little sugar, lemon juice, and flour .
You can leave the peels on or take them off. Check out my post on How to Easily Peel Peaches.
My favorite part of a crisp is the topping so mine has lots! Crunchy pecans, chewy rolled oats, caramel-y brown sugar, warm cinnamon, and just a touch of nutmeg and ginger – not so much that it overpowers the delicate, fresh flavor of the peaches.
Serve Peach Crisp warm from the oven with a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream
|Peach Crisp with a Brown Sugar, Oatmeal, Pecan Crumble|| |
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) peaches, about 5 medium
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar (5.25oz, 149g)
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour (3.3oz, 94g)
- ¾ cup rolled oats (2.6oz, 74g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- generous pinch of ginger
- few scrapings of fresh nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped pecans (2oz, 57g)
- ½ cup butter softened (4oz, 113g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the skin from the peaches, if removing. Click here for an easy way to peel peaches.
- Slice peaches and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and salt.
- Put peaches into a 3 quart baking dish.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until well mixed. Add the softened butter and work mixture between your fingers until well incorporated and crumbly.
- Spread evenly on top of the peaches.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven until topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes