- Prebaked 9 inch pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (99g)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (107g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (8g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 15oz pumpkin puree, about 2 cups (or one 15oz can) (425g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (227g)
- 1/4 cup milk (57g)
- The oven temperature should be heated to 375 degrees F. If you are making my Flaky Pie Crust, you will reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F after removing the crust from the oven and let it reach 375 degrees before baking the pie..
While the crust is prebaking, prepare the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk.
- Add the sugars, cornstarch, salt, and spices and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree then the cream and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into warm, prebaked pie crust.
- Cover the crimped edges of the pie crust with a ring of foil so it doesn’t continue to brown while baking. Be careful not to let it touch the filling.
- Bake on a baking sheet in a 375 degree F oven until the center is almost set but still wobbly, about 50-60 minutes. Don’t over bake.
- Remove pie from oven and remove foil ring.
- Let cool on a baking rack for several hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.
2 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice can be used in place of the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.