For the cookies:
- Divide the dough into 16 equally sized pieces and bake as directed being careful not to over bake. The edges will have just begin to set and the center will still be soft.
- Be sure that cookies are cooled before filling. I freeze the cookies before filling so the ice cream doesn't melt as quickly when sandwiched in between.
Assemble the cookies:
- Turn 8 of the cookies upside down and put a scoop of ice cream onto each.
- Top with one of the remaining cookies.
- Freeze until firm, then wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Let set on counter a few minutes to soften slightly before eating.