The BEST Crab Rangoon - A lush and creamy crab and cream cheese filling in a crispy wonton – the perfect party appetizer or game day snack recipe!
- 8 ounces (227g) cream cheese softened
- 6 ounces (170g) crab meat or chopped imitation crab (I used a 6oz can, well squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 25 wonton wrappers
- oil for frying
- dipping sauce for serving
- Place the cream cheese, crab meat, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, green onions, and salt to taste in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place a wrapper on the counter. Using your finger, wet the edges with water. Place about 2 teaspoons (13g) of filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold up 2 opposite corners to meet in the center. Press to seal. Fold up the remaining 2 corners to meet in the center, trying to keep the edges lined up and even. Press all edges again to seal carefully.
- Repeat with the remaining wontons and filling.
- To fry the Rangoon, heat an inch of oil in a pan to 350° Fry the Rangoon, several pieces at a time, until they’re golden and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove. Let drain on paper towels. Repeat the frying process with remaining wontons.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce of choice and garnish with more sliced green onions.
To bake: Heat a baking sheet in a 375° F oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from oven, brush with oil or spray with cooking spray, and arrange the filled and folded wontons on it. Brush the tops of the wontons with oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
To air fry: Brush each filled wonton with vegetable oil and cook in the air fryer at 375° until golden and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
Keep the unused wonton wrappers covered during assembly so they don’t dry out.
Be sure to seal the edges well so the filling doesn’t leak out when frying.
For a Sweet Crab Rangoon recipe, add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 20
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crab rangoon, appetizer, snack, party, game day, cream cheese