- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- salt for boiling
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour, eggs, and salt.
- Knead by machine for 10 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. It should not be sticky or too dry.
- Add a small amount of flour or water as necessary to form a smooth dough.
- Remove dough from machine and knead several times on the counter.
- Cover the dough in plastic and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and put on a floured surface.
- Bring pot of salted water to boiling. Drop noodles into boiling water as you stir to prevent sticking.
- Boil until al dente.
- Add to soups or stews.
- If not using right away, toss with butter.
Noodles can be boiled directly in soups or stews instead of water.
The dough can be made in a food processor or all by hand.