This homemade Mango Curd is deliciously tangy, creamy, and sweet. A foolproof, kitchen-ready recipe that’s easy to follow with perfect results.
- 1 cup (220g) mango puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring it to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Whisk the mango puree, sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and salt in a nonreactive bowl that fits over the saucepan without touching the water.
- Place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water and stir constantly with a whisk and/or rubber spatula until the mango curd mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. The temperature should reach 170°
- Remove the bowl from the simmering water and whisk in butter.
- Strain the curd into a nonreactive bowl.
- Press plastic wrap over the surface of the curd and refrigerate until chilled.
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango curd, dessert, topping, spread