- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped dates
- Combine oats, pecans, pepitas, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Put granola mixture on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet covered with baking parchment.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut to granola and stir gently. Press down lightly on the granola if you want it to form clusters.
- Bake another 15 minutes until granola is golden and fragrant.
- Let cool without stirring.
- Break pieces of granola into clusters of desired size. Add chopped dates.
- Store in an airtight container.