This simple, homemade Peach Tea starts off with a beautiful, pink-hued Peach Syrup that’s bursting with the flavor of fresh, sweet peaches. The peach simple syrup is then combined with perfectly brewed tea in a pitcher, or add it individually to glasses of iced tea to taste. The perfect summer beverage!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 tea bags (or to taste)
- 8 cups cold water
Make the peach syrup:
- Combine the sugar, water, and sliced peaches in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then let simmer on low for 15-20 minutes, occasionally pressing on the peaches with a wooden spoon to break them up.
- Let the peaches and syrup cool, then strain through a fine mesh strainer. Pressing too firmly on the peaches will cause the syrup to be cloudy.
- Pour the peach simple syrup into a bottle or jar and refrigerate until chilled (or up to a week).
Brew the tea:
- Boil the water and brew the tea for 3 – 5 minutes – you can brew the tea in the same saucepan that you boil the water in, or boil the water in a kettle and brew the tea in a mason jar.
(If you like your tea weaker or stronger, use less or more tea bags. However, don’t let the tea bags brew for more than 5 minutes or the tea will have a bitter taste. )
- Remove the tea bags, let the tea cool, then refrigerate until cold.
Combine the chilled peach syrup and brewed tea in a pitcher, then pour over glasses of ice. Or, pour chilled brewed tea into glasses of ice, then let each person add peach syrup to taste.
- Prep Time: 2
- plus cooling: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: beverages
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach, tea, iced, beverage, summer, easy