This Easy, Peanut Butter Cookies recipe makes soft, chewy cookies packed with peanut butter flavor. With their buttery, rich, sweet and salty flavor, they’re irresistible!
- 2 ½ cups (12.5oz, 354g) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep method)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (8oz, 227g) unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 cup (7oz, 198g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (7oz, 198g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dry-roasted, salted peanuts, ground in a food processor to resemble bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350° F, with the rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Ground the peanuts in a food processor to resemble bread crumbs.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugars and beat for 3 minutes, until fluffy. Scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the peanut butter until blended, then the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine with the mixer on low. Don’t overmix.
- Add the peanuts and mix until just incorporated.
- Scoop out dough and shape into balls (30 grams or 2 tablespoons each) then place on baking sheet, spacing them 2 ½ -inches apart.
- Using a fork dipped in water, flatten cookies slightly then turn fork and press in the opposite direction to create a criss cross pattern.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, in the middle of a preheated oven, until turning golden around the bottom edges, pale and slightly under-baked on top, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies and an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, peanut butter, dessert