Milky Bar Cookies – soft, buttery cookies with crispy golden edges and chunks of Milky Bar white chocolate – they’re irresistible! Quick and easy to mix up by hand with no chilling time!
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (10.67oz, 302g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to 65-70° F
- 1 cup packed (7oz, 198g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (3.5oz) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (9oz, 255g) Milky Bars cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Adjust the baking rack to the middle to lower middle of the oven.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
- Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Fold in the Milky Bar chunks.
- Roll into 1.5oz (42g) balls and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can press some chocolate chunks onto the tops of the dough balls for a prettier cookie, if desired.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 8-10 minutes in a 350° F oven until the tops of the cookies are set and no longer shiny, and some of the edges are turning golden. They will look soft and underbaked.
- Don’t overbake or you’ll lose their chewiness. The cookies will firm up while cooling.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can substitute another white chocolate for the Milky Bars.
The dough should be about 65-70° F before baking so it spreads to the proper thickness. If it’s too warm, the cookies will spread too far and be flat. If your kitchen is warmer than 70°F or if your butter wasn’t cooled to 70°, you can put the dough in the refrigerator to cool it to 65-70°F.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
To keep the cookies chewy longer, store them in an airtight container with a slice of sandwich bread.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: milky bar, cookies, white chocolate