Blanched Almonds – Blanching almonds at home is much more cost-effective than buying them. Follow this simple step-by-step tutorial on how to skin almonds to make your own blanched almonds at home.
- 1 cup raw, unprocessed almonds with skins on
- Boiling water to cover
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- Add the raw almonds and boil for 60 seconds. Don’t cook longer or they can get soggy. Cooking them less can make the skins harder to get off.
- Drain the almonds and rinse with cold water to cool them and stop the cooking process.
- Squeeze each almond to remove the skin.
- Let the almonds dry completely and discard the skins.
To blanch almonds in the microwave, put the almonds in a microwave safe bowl, cover with water by at least a half an inch, and heat on the high setting for 2-3 minutes. Drain, cool, and squeeze off the skins.
Blanched almonds nutrition: see below
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almonds, blanched,