Hi there! My name is Kelly Shaban. I started Foodtasia in 2016 where I develop recipes, photograph food, and make recipe videos full-time.
I’m here to share recipes that taste great, and because I love experimenting in the kitchen, you can trust that they actually work.
Our recipes are:
- Family friendly – because I have five kids of my own and getting a healthy meal on the table that everyone loves is top priority!
- Homey – sharing cozy meals with loved ones, gathering around the table, creating cherished memories of good food and good company
- Delicious – When I choose a recipe to cook for my family, I want it to be awesome. I want to see them swooning and hear them saying it’s the best they’ve ever had. Why spend the time making something mediocre when you can make something swoon-worthy
- Fresh and healthy – with wholesome ingredients
- Easy to make with easy-to-get ingredients – because it’s a busy, busy life
- Dependable – I hate the frustration of spending time and money on a recipe that I found on the internet only for it to be disappointing or worse yet, a complete failure.
- Clear and thorough instructions – I try to make my instructions as clear as possible so you have success in the kitchen. I also often share kitchen notes, recipe testing results, and various options.
Every recipe that I develop is thoroughly tested. This testing process includes careful research and side-by-side taste tests until I’m certain that it’s the very best recipe. Although I do think it’s fun to have four different recipes of meatloaf to sample at dinnertime, or six different bowls of mashed potatoes, I’m grateful for my family’s patience in eating the same food over and over again for days on end until I get it just right.
I come from a family of fantastic cooks who welcomed me into the kitchen at a young age, giving me over 40 years of cooking experience. I married my college sweetheart and we’ve been blessed with five children with healthy appetites.
I’ve had a lifelong love of good food from a young age when I would spend my allowance at the grocery store buying ingredients to try new recipes. My early married years were spent working my way through ethnic cookbooks to delight my husband and amaze my neighbors. I have a serious cookbook addiction which results in stacks and stacks of cookbooks beside my bed.
I grew up in the Midwest, near Amish country, and love good country cooking. I’ve been blessed with a Middle Eastern mother-in-law who is an amazing cook and taught me the ins and outs of Middle Eastern cooking. For the last 20 years I’ve lived in Dubai, home to over 200 nationalities, where I’ve made generous friends from all corners of the globe who love to spend an afternoon in the kitchen sharing their treasured recipes.
One of my favorite ways of discovering new recipes is through travel. It’s inspiring to explore the local markets, take a cooking class, or go on a food tour with a local guide. Living in Dubai makes far away countries so much closer, and I love sharing photos and videos of my foodie finds!