- 1 1/2 cups ground pecans, toasted (6oz, 170g)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (6.5oz, 184g) (click for link)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (3oz, 85g)
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted (85g)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (454g)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (7.6oz, 215g)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled (227g)
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed espresso or other strong coffee
- 1 cup sour cream (8.8oz, 249g)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (2.7oz, 76g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (85g)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine cookie crumbs, pecans, and melted butter and stir until mixed thoroughly. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Put in the freezer a few minutes to firm. Remove from freezer and brush base with melted chocolate.
- Chill while preparing the filling.
- Combine cream cheese and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until smooth. Scrape down bowl and paddle.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition. Scrape down bowl and paddle.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add espresso and mix until combined. Scrape down bowl and paddle.
- Add sour cream and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Fill a baking pan half way full with water and put on bottom rack of oven. Bake the cheesecake on the middle rack for 1 hour.
- Lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees F and bake 1 hour longer.
- Lower the oven temperature to 250 degrees F and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Turn off oven and leave cake in for 30 minutes with the door closed.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover cake and refrigerate at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream, sugar, and semisweet chocolate until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour glaze over top of cheesecake and smooth. Chill for 1 hour to set the glaze.