This toasted ravioli recipe makes a quick and easy appetizer, side dish, or meal using ready-made refrigerated or frozen ravioli Simple and delicious, it’s perfect for parties, get togethers, and game day.
· 20 ounces refrigerated, store-bought ravioli
· 2 cups buttermilk (or 2 cups milk mixed with 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
· 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs (or half breadcrumbs and half panko)
· Vegetable oil or canola oil for frying
Garnish for serving (optional):
· 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
· Marinara Sauce
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the buttermilk and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls.
3. Dip each ravioli into the buttermilk, then press into the breadcrumbs. Place the raviolis on the baking sheet in a single layer.
To deep fry:
1. Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep pot to 350 degrees F.
2. Add 6-8 ravioli to the pan, and fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
3. Repeat the process with the remaining raviolis.
To air fry:
1. Spray both sides of the coated ravioli with cooking spray.
2. Place the ravioli in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer.
3. Fry at 350°F for 10 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
4. Remove from the air fryer
5. Top with parmesan cheese and parsley and serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
To bake in oven:
1. Spray both sides of the ravioli with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
To serve: Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley, and serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
· There’s no need to boil the ravioli before coating in breadcrumbs.
· You can use frozen ravioli that has been thawed.
· Instead of buttermilk, you can make an egg mixture by whisking 2 eggs with 1 cup milk.
· If you don’t have Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, you can use plain breadcrumbs and mix in 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: ravioli, fried, air fryer, appetizer, party, game day, snack,