The BEST Pumpkin Bread I’ve ever had! It’s ultra-moist with a perfectly soft and tender crumb. A touch of warm spices lets the pumpkin flavor really shine through. A favorite fall recipe!
- 1 ¾ cups (220g) all-purpose flour (spoon and level method)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cups (248g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (341g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick, (113g) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (57g) milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F with the rack in the lower third. Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, spices).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients (eggs, sugar, pumpkin, melted butter, milk).
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with only a few moist crumbs on it, about 60 minutes. A thermometer inserted into the middle should reach 200°F. Cover loosely with a piece of aluminum foil if it begins to brown too quickly.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.
You can substitute 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for the ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
My 9 by 5-inch loaf pan is technically 8 ½ by 4 ½ inches. You can use either size. The loaf will be a little taller in the 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch pan and take a little longer to bake.
You can substitute 1/2 cup oil for the melted butter.
Store at room temperature for 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: bread, Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 289
Keywords: pumpkin bread