Double Chocolate Granola - crunchy chocolate oat clusters, sliced almonds, flakes of
coconut, and best of all – a decadent chocolate coating.
- 1/3 cup (66g) coconut oil (or other oil)
- 1/3 cup (119g) honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (99g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (25g) cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (240g) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (43g) sliced almonds
- ½ cup (37g) shredded coconut (I use sweetened)
- 1 ½ cups (275g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Raw sugar (or other coarse sugar) to taste
- Combine honey, coconut oil, vanilla, brown sugar, cocoa, and salt in a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in oats and almonds. Mix thoroughly until the oats are evenly covered.
- Put granola mixture on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet covered with baking parchment.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut to granola and stir gently.
- Bake another 15 minutes until granola is golden and fragrant.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle on chocolate chips.
- Either let cool without stirring if you want the chocolate chips to keep their shape, or stir the melted chocolate chips through the granola. Sprinkle on raw sugar to taste before chocolate completely sets.
- Let cool completely then break pieces of granola into clusters of desired size.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate granola