Crunchy clusters of honey sweetened granola made with dried cherries, whole rolled oats, slivered almonds, pepitas, and coconut, and roasted with a touch of cinnamon, this Honey Almond Crunch Homemade Granola is wonderfully delicious!
Sprinkle on top of Greek yogurt for a Greek yogurt bowl, pour milk over to eat as a breakfast cereal, or snack on by the handful.
Homemade Granola is incredibly easy to make. Not only is it much less expensive than store bought brands, it tastes so much better. When you make your own granola at home you can avoid unhealthy additives: unhealthy oils, added processed sugars, chemicals, and preservatives. As an added bonus - your house will smell amazing!
Just mix together the dry ingredients (except the coconut and dried cherries), add the wet ingredients, and toss to combine. The coconut is added in the last fifteen minutes of baking so that it comes out perfectly toasted. The dried cherries are added after the baked granola has cooled.
Spread the granola on a baking sheet. I have a great non-stick baking pan that I love. If your baking sheet isn't non-stick, first line it with a sheet of baking parchment.
Stir the granola halfway through cooking, after about 15 minutes, and add the coconut. If you like your granola in crunchy clusters, gently press down on it at this point and don't stir again. When the granola is lightly golden brown, remove it from the oven and let it cool. (Once again without stirring if you want crunchy clusters.) When the Homemade Granola has cooled completely, gently break apart into the sized chunks you prefer.
Add the dried cherries after the granola has cooled and been broken into clusters. If I'm serving the Homemade Granola in a Greek yogurt bowl with fresh fruits or berries, I like to omit the dried fruit. It's all up to your personal preference. That's what's so great about Homemade Granola!
Honey Almond Crunch Homemade Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Combine oats, almonds, pepitas, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Add honey, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Put granola mixture on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet covered with baking parchment.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut to granola and stir gently. Press down lightly on the granola if you want it to form clusters.
- Bake another 15 minutes until granola is golden and fragrant.
- Let cool without stirring.
- Break pieces of granola into clusters of desired size. Add dried cherries.
- Store in an airtight container.
Very good. Thanks. Made at 5 am for my daughter about to fly to Boston.
Thanks so much, Kathy! So happy you liked it. It takes a mother's true love to up and baking granola that early in the morning! 🙂