- 1 lb fettuccine (454g) or other pasta, cooked until al dente and tossed with 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced (454g)
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (6oz, 170g)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced fine
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or a mix of oregano, basil, and/or marjoram)
- 2 bouillon cubes, vegetable or chicken
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream (12oz, 340g)
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese (3oz, 85g)
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in oil for 1 minute over high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Cook with the lid on until the mushrooms have released their liquid, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are a golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, minced garlic, dried herbs, and bouillon cubes. Cook for 1 minute, breaking up the bouillon cubes.
- Add the cream and 1 cup of water. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and cook until melted, about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat. Stir in basil and chili flakes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss hot buttered pasta with sauce and serve.