Simple yet elegant, this Creamy Portobello and Mascarpone Pasta makes the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner.
I just love this Creamy Portobello and Mascarpone Pasta. Added bonus: it’s so fast and easy to make. You’ll amaze yourself at how so few ingredients and very little time can make such a fabulous, great tasting dinner.
Portobello mushrooms are sautéed in butter with a little onion until tender and golden. Chicken broth and creamy Mascarpone are added to make a silky smooth, creamy sauce bursting with flavor. Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano deepens the flavor and a sprinkle of fresh thyme pairs perfectly with the Portobellos. Top with slices of grilled chicken breasts for a one dish meal that will have you saying Wow! after each bite.
The simplicity of ingredients and perfect pairing of flavors make this Creamy Portobello and Mascarpone Pasta a real winner – one you’ll want to make over and over.
- 4 tablespoons butter (2oz, 57g)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 12 ounces Portobello mushrooms, sliced (340g)
- 8 ounces mascarpone (227g)
- 2 cups chicken broth *see note* (446g)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1.4oz, 40g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound sliced, grilled chicken breasts (454g)
- 1 pound box of pasta, cooked and buttered (454g)
- Sauté onion in butter in a large pan until softened.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add Portobello mushrooms and sauté until tender and golden and the onions are golden brown.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat to low and add Mascarpone, stirring to combine until the Mascarpone is thoroughly melted and incorporated into sauce. Don’t let boil.
- Add Parmigiano-Reggiano and stir until melted.
- Add thyme and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to taste.
- Toss cooked, buttered pasta with sauce and top with sliced chicken breast.
- Best served immediately after tossing with sauce.
*I like to use 2 cups of water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes. The bouillon cubes really bring out the flavor.
*To make a one-pan sauce, instead of grilling chicken breasts, saute chicken breasts in pan then remove before continuing sauce in the same pan.