These Soft and Chewy Funfetti Cookies are the sugar cookies of your dreams filled with colorful, crunchy sprinkles. One-bowl, easy to make, and so much FUN!
Funfetti Cookies are so much fun to make and eat! I've been so excited all week to make these. What is it about funfetti that brings a smile to our faces and makes us feel happy? I love them just as much as the kids do!
The sugar cookie base for these Funfetti Cookies is perfect. The cookies are soft and chewy with amazing buttery, vanilla flavor. It's very similar to a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie (without the chocolate chips, of course) but regular white sugar is used instead of brown sugar. They're not overly sweet. I've reduced the sugar in the cookie to compensate for the sweet sprinkles. A little cornstarch keeps them soft and tender. Melted butter is used to increase the chewiness. It also makes them easy to mix up in one bowl. They'll have to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up before rolling into balls and baking.
Use a good quality sprinkle in these Funfetti Cookies. Sometimes sprinkles can bleed out the color. I use Betty Crocker sprinkles, and they've always turned out perfect. If you want a little extra sprinkles on the tops of the cookies, dip the rolled ball of dough into a bowl of sprinkles before placing it on the baking sheet.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (4oz, 113g)
- ¾ cup white sugar (5.25oz, 149g)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (7.5oz, 213g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put butter into mixing bowl and microwave until the butter is half-way melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk until completely melted. Let cool.
- Add sugar to melted, cooled butter and whisk until the butter is absorbed into the sugar.
- Add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients including the sprinkles and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Roll into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until just set on top. This will tke about 10 minutes but will vary depending on the oven and the size of the cookie. They will look undercooked but will firm up after cooling.
- Let cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.