Lemon Pepper Wings - the crispiest baked chicken wings EVER tossed in a zesty,addictive Lemon Pepper Sauce
For the Wings:
- 2 lb (900g) chicken wings, cut into wingettes and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon aluminum free baking POWDER (21g)
- ½ tsp salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
For the Lemon Pepper Butter Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning *see note*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste *see note*
- Lemon wedges
For the wings:
- Preheat oven to 250F. Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions.
- Dry the wings thoroughly with paper towels.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a rack on the foil. Spray the rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss the wings with baking powder and salt.
- Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer.
- Place wings on the lower-middle oven rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Move wings up to the upper-middle rack and increase the oven temperature to 425 F. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides, using tongs to flip the wings halfway through.
- Remove from the oven.
- Toss with Lemon Pepper Sauce and serve.
For the Lemon Pepper Butter Sauce
- Combine the ingredients and mix thoroughly
Check out my post on Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning. I add garlic and onion powder to the recipe when making wings. I also use it in powdered form.
Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
1 tablespoon ground Dried Lemon Zest
2 tablespoons black pepper (or to taste)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt to taste (I use none and salt separately)
Salt added to the recipe will depend on the Lemon Pepper Seasoning used. If you use a store bought seasoning, you will probably not need to add salt. If you are making your own Homemade Lemon Pepper Seasoning without salt, add salt to taste. I use about ½ teaspoon since there’s already ½ teaspoon on the wings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked, chicken wings, lemon pepper, lemon pepper wings