This smooth and creamy, Easy Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is quick and simple to make in less than 5 minutes with only 4 ingredients. A fool-proof, never fail recipe perfect for the holidays!
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 227g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (260g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups (460g) sifted confectioners’ sugar
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan then line with a piece of parchment paper with the 2 sides overhanging for easy removal.
- Put butter and peanut butter in a large bowl and microwave until both are melted and liquid, about 3 minutes. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt, if using.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until no white streaks remain.
- Press the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. If you’d like a swirly pattern on top, press the edge of a spoon around the surface.
- Let cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until set and firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a week, or 2-3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Use a commercial brand of peanut butter such as JIF or Skippy.
Don’t substitute margarine for the butter. It may not set properly or have the right texture.
Let come to room temperature before eating, it’s creamier.
I find I get a neater slice if the fudge is at a cool room temperature (after chilling and setting in the refrigerator). Clean the knife and dip the knife into hot water between each slice.
Have the pan buttered and lined before starting so you can get the fudge into the pan without delay. As it cools it gets harder to smooth.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 3
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fudge, candy, holidays, peanut butter, easy