Make this Starbucks Copycat Pistachio Latte recipe at home with its cozy flavors of sweet pistachio and rich brown butter.
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1–2 espresso shots (1 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons pistachio syrup, or to taste
- 8 oz whole milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Brown the butter:
- Heat the butter in a light-colored pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until it melts, foams, and the solids start to turn golden.
- Remove from heat and set aside half to stir into the espresso.
- Stir brown sugar into the other half to make the topping and set aside.
Prepare the espresso
- Prepare the espresso using an espresso machine, a French press, or instant espresso. You can also use strong brewed coffee. Add half of the browned butter.
Steam and froth the milk
- Heat the milk to about 150 F. (It will start to steam and feel warm to the touch.) Add the pistachio syrup, and froth with a handheld milk frother. (If you don’t have a frother, you can use an immersion blender or put the milk in a jar and shake until foamy.)
- Pour on top of the espresso.
Sprinkle on the topping
- Top the pistachio latte with the salted brown butter topping and enjoy!
Iced Pistachio Latte
To make an iced Pistachio Latte, use cold milk instead of steamed and pour over a glass of ice. I leave the brown butter out when iced because it hardens in the icy drink.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pistachio, latte, coffee, starbucks