Decadent and irresistible, these are The Ultimate Triple Layer, Fudgy Brownies! Dense, fudgy brownies with an Oreo cookie base and a satiny, chocolate fudge glaze.
The Ultimate Triple Layer, Fudgy Brownies are packed with chocolate: melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa, chunks of semi-sweet chocolate, and an Oreo cookie base. A chocolate lover’s dream!
Soft and gooey when warm from the oven with puddles of melted chocolate from the semi-sweet chunks, they firm up to a lovely dense fudge texture when refrigerated – my favorite way of eating them!
The Oreo cookie crust and the chocolate fudge glaze turn perfectly fudgy brownies into a spectacular, over-the-top, chocolate indulgence.
The Oreo cookie crust not only adds awesome flavor, it provides a firm base to support the brownie.
Oreo cookie crumbs are mixed with melted butter and pressed into the bottom of the baking pan.
Melted chocolate in the batter gives The Ultimate Triple Layer, Fudgy Brownies their dense fudginess.
The chocolate fudge glaze is the perfect topping for a brownie. The thin layer of creamy, chocolatey glaze becomes satiny smooth and fudge-like when it cools.
|The Ultimate Triple Layer, Fudgy Brownies|| |
- 1½ cups finely ground Oreo cookie crumbs, 17 cookies (6.75oz, 191g)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (2oz, 57g)
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled (8oz, 227g)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled (113g)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar (14oz, 397g)
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour (6.25oz, 177g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened alkalized cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks (227g)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled (1.5 oz, 43g)
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled (28g)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (8oz, 227g)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan, see note, and spray the inside with cooking spray.
- Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Press into the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly while preparing brownie batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until blended.
- Add cooled melted butter and melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl and sift over chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Add semisweet chocolate chunks and stir gently to combine.
- Pour into baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven until set, about 40 minutes. Be careful not to overbake or the brownies will not be fudgy. They should be slightly underdone.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before adding glaze.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir only to combine. Do not over mix. The glaze should be smooth but not whipped and airy.
- Spread glaze on brownies 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- Let brownies cool several hours to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove brownies from refrigerator and remove from pan.
- Cut into squares.
- Store brownies in a covered container in the refrigerator or a cool room temperature.
* I use a baking pan with a removable bottom which comes in handy for easily and cleanly removing brownies and bars from the pan. I line only the bottom with a square of baking parchment.
* If you don't have a removable bottom pan, you can line the baking pan with aluminum foil so that the brownie lifts out neatly.