Chicken Bacon Mushroom Pasta in a creamy, garlicky parmesan sauce. A quick and easy pasta dish that the whole family will love!
- 1 lb penne (500g) or other pasta (cooked until al dente and tossed with 2 tablespoons butter)
- 12 oz (340g) bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled or chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 lb (454g) chicken breasts or boneless, skinless thighs
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 lb (454g) mushrooms sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced fine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (*see note)
- 1 cup (227g) water
- 1 ¼ cups (283g) heavy cream
- ¾ cup (85g) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or a mix of thyme and oregano)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For quicker, more even cooking, slightly flatten breasts with a kitchen mallet. If they are very thick, slice them in half horizontally before flattening. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When oil is hot, put chicken in pan and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and slice.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with water and bouillon cube, scraping bottom to release any bits sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cream and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer 2-3 minutes then turn off heat.
- Add parmesan slowly, whisking constantly until melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped bacon and parsley to sauce, then toss with pasta and chicken.
My favorite brand of bouillon cube is Maggi. You can also use broth instead of bouillon and water.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, pasta
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon, chicken, creamy, dinner, easy, family, garlic, mushroom, parmesan, pasta, quick