Tender, juicy chicken breasts in a creamy parmesan sauce with sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms - this Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato and Mushroom Cream Sauce is full of flavor and ready in under 30 minutes. Elegant enough for date night, quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner. Sure to be a family favorite!
I love this Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato and Mushroom Cream Sauce!
- It's so delicious
- It's super quick and easy
- It's low carb
A win-win-win situation going on here!
I love the perfect balance of flavors going on in this Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato and Mushroom Cream Sauce. Tangy sun dried tomatoes add amazing flavor. And of course sundried tomatoes, basil, garlic, and parmesan are a match made in heaven. I can't think of a better combination. Adding savory mushrooms just makes it all kind of magical!
Yum! The sauce has the perfect consistency. Part stock and part cream with parmesan mixed in for incredible flavor and incredible creaminess. Dried Italian herbs and fresh basil round out the flavors.
This Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato and Mushroom Cream Sauce is super quick and easy to make. Keep it in your back pocket for dinner on a busy weeknight. Sauté chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and sauté onion and mushrooms until golden. Add the sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and Italian herbs.
Add the chicken stock (I use a bouillon cube for the kick of flavor it gives) and cream. When it comes to a simmer, add the cheese and simmer until it melts. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with fresh basil.
This sauce is so delicious and flavorful. It's also great over pasta. Check out my Creamy, Cheesy Sun Dried Tomato and Mushroom Pasta.
- 1 lb chicken breasts (454g)
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced (227g)
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (3oz, 83g)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or a mix of oregano, basil, and/or marjoram)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 chicken bouillon cube and 1 cup of water)
- ¾ cups heavy cream (6oz, 170g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (2oz, 57g)
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon oil in a very hot pan until golden brown. Flip over and cook other side until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onion to same pan with 1 more tablespoon oil and sauté for 1 minute over high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Cook with the lid on until the mushrooms have released their liquid, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are a golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, minced garlic, dried herbs, and bouillon cubes. Cook for 1 minute, breaking up the bouillon cubes.
- Add the cream and 1 cup of water. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and cook until melted, about 1 minute.
- Turn off heat. Stir in basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken breasts to sauce and cook for just a few minutes until the breasts are done inside.