Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread – elevating a summertime favorite to a whole new level! Super moist and tender, dotted with chocolate chips, and a crispy, crackly sugar-coated top.
- 1 ¾ cups (248g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (106g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (at room temperature)
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 2 cups (283g) shredded zucchini
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups (7.5oz, 213g) chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar (for sprinkling on bread)
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, eggs, and melted butter until smooth. Add the shredded zucchini and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix or the loaf will be tough.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. An instant read thermometer inserted into the middle should reach 200° F.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let sit in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen with a bread knife around the edges and carefully remove the bread from the pan. Cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bread