Homemade, Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats recipe – Extra gooey and buttery Rice Krispies Treats made with marshmallows, peanut butter, and a layer of melted chocolate on top! A quick and easy no-bake recipe that’s always a hit!
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows. Stir the mixture until the marshmallows are completely melted. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Remove from heat, then immediately fold in the cereal. Make sure each piece of cereal is coated with the peanut butter/marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer mixture to 9 by 13-inch baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper and sprayed with nonstick spray. Gently press the mixture into the pan (lightly spray your hands with non-stick cooking spray to avoid the mixture sticking to your hands). Don’t pack it in too hard.
- Put the chocolate chips in a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between each interval. When they are almost melted, remove and stir until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture and let cool to harden.
- Allow treats to set for about an hour at room temperature. Lift the Rice Krispie Treats out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares.
- Cover and store leftover treats at room temperature for up to 3 days. To store, place in layers between sheets of parchment or wax paper.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate, peanut butter, rice krispies, treats, bars, dessert