This Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Baby Spinach and Red Pepper is so delicious, so quick, and so easy! Sautéed chicken breasts in a garlicky, parmesan cream sauce studded with sundried tomato, red pepper, and baby spinach. A restaurant quality dish, on the table in under 30 minutes. This is one quick weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
I love quick and easy dishes that are restaurant quality, taste amazing, and are fast and easy to make. The kitchen smells wonderful, I’ve fed my family something healthy and delicious, and my kids think I’m a superstar! Yes, it takes a little more time than grabbing take out. Not much though. But for a 30 minute investment, I’ve nourished my family with healthy, natural ingredients that I control. That’s a very satisfying feeling. Offering your family a home cooked meal is a treasured gift, the memories of which will last a lifetime. With each meal we prepare for our families, we are reinforcing that time honored connection between love, family, food, and nourishment. All in under 30 minutes!
My family loves this Creamy Tuscan Chicken. It’s creamy, delicious, and so full of flavor. Serve it as is for a low carb – keto main dish. Or with your favorite carb – pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. It’s even great with cauliflower mash.
Chicken breasts are sautéed in a little oil until golden brown and cooked through. I use oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes, it’s so flavorful. I also flatten the chicken breasts with a kitchen mallet to even them out and make them thinner, like cutlets. If they are thick, cut them in half horizontally.
Remove the chicken from the pan, add a little more oil, and sauté some chopped onion until soft. Add the diced red bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes. When the peppers are almost soft, add the sundried tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning and let sauté for one minute. Deglaze the pan with chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes, then add the parmesan cheese and cook until melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the baby spinach. Salt and pepper to taste. Return the chicken to the pan and serve.
I’ve snuck lots of colorful veggies in this Tuscan Chicken, but because they’re cut up small and in an amazing cream sauce, the kiddos won’t even notice.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to PIN for later!
|Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Baby Spinach and Red Pepper|| |
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts (454g)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained (3oz, 85g)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- ¾ cup chicken broth (6oz, 170g)
- ¾ cup cream or half and half (6oz, 170g)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (1.5oz, 43g)
- Big handful of baby spinach leaves, whole or roughly chopped (about 4.4oz, 125g)
- Red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
- For quicker, more even cooking, slightly flatten breasts with a kitchen mallet. If they are very thick, slice them in half horizontally before flattening. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. When pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When oil is hot, put chicken breasts in pan and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan. Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add red bell pepper and cook until almost softened.
- Add the garlic, sundried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with broth, scraping bottom to release any bits sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Add parmesan and cook until melted.
- When cheese is melted turn off the heat and stir in baby spinach.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Return chicken to pan and serve.
You might also like: