Learn How to Peel Peaches the quick and easy way by blanching. By simply boiling them and then dipping them into an ice water bath, the skin slides right off so you can pit and slice the peaches to use in your favorite peach pie, cobbler, or jam recipes.
- Boiling water
- Paring knife
- Bring a pan of water to a boil.
- Using a knife, cut a shallow "X" on the bottom of the peaches.
- Drop the peaches into the boiling water for 20-30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the peaches from the boiling water and place in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. If you leave the peaches in the boiling water too long, or don't cool them in the ice water bath, they will become cooked and mushy.
- When peaches are cool, remove from water. The skin should peel off easily where they were scored on the bottom, either with your fingers or with the help of a paring knife
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 1
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peaches, peel