Ready in 5 minutes! You won’t believe how easy and how delicious these Easy Marinated Artichoke Hearts are!
- 14 oz can artichokes canned in water ((397g))
- 1-2 cloves garlic (sliced thin)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice *see note*
- Open the can of artichoke hearts. Drain and rinse them.
- Cut the hearts into quarters (if they are not already) and place them in a jar.
- Sprinkle on top sliced garlic, dried Italian herbs, peppercorns, chili flakes, and salt. If you have more than one layer of artichokes in the jar, you can sprinkle in some of the garlic and herbs between layers.
- Pour on top lemon and olive oil to cover. Put on the lid and shake gently to coat all the artichokes and evenly disperse the dressing.
- They can be eaten right away, but will be even better if you let them rest for an hour or even overnight. The Marinated Artichoke Hearts can be kept in the refrigerator, covered with oil, for up to 3 weeks. I push the artichokes down a little bit so they are all covered.
I love artichoke hearts marinated in fresh lemon juice. Vinegar is also commonly used. If you find straight vinegar a little too strong for you, you can dilute it with a little water.
Make the marinade in the same ratio that you like a salad dressing. For me that’s about 2 to 1, olive oil to lemon. For one can of artichoke hearts, I use ½ cup olive oil and ¼ cup lemon. Taste the marinade and adjust accordingly.