- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (4oz, 113g)
- 3/4 cup white sugar (5.25oz, 149g)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (7.5oz, 213g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put butter into mixing bowl and microwave until the butter is half-way melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk until completely melted. Let cool.
- Add sugar to melted, cooled butter and whisk until the butter is absorbed into the sugar.
- Add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients including the sprinkles and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Roll into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until just set on top. This will tke about 10 minutes but will vary depending on the oven and the size of the cookie. They will look undercooked but will firm up after cooling.
- Let cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.