These Loaded Smashed Potatoes are impossible to resist! So simple and so fast to make, they're my favorite way to make potatoes. Baby potatoes are cooked, smashed, and topped with lots of gooey cheese, crumbled bacon, sour cream, and chives. Kind of like loaded potato skins, but wayyyyyy better!
These Loaded Smashed Potatoes are a cinch to make. Just microwave the potatoes until they are soft, smash with the palm of your hand, top with cheese, pop them in the oven until the cheese is melty, garnish with crumbled bacon, chives, and sour cream, and voilà.
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- 9 small potatoes (about 2lbs, 907g)
- 6 slices bacon (1.6oz, 44g)
- 2 cups shredded or grated cheddar cheese (6oz, 170g)
- ⅓ cup minced fresh chives (.8oz, 22g)
- a few dollops of sour cream
- Wash and scrub potatoes, leaving the skin on.
- Poke each potato several times with a fork.
- Microwave potatoes until soft (mine took about 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp, then crumble.
- Place cooked potatoes on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Using the palm of your hand, smash the potatoes until they are flattened.
- Optional: brush with some of the bacon fat that is left from cooking the bacon.
- Top with cheese and bake in a 400 F degree oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon, chives, and sour cream.
This recipe is just a rough guideline. I have given the weights and measurements for the amounts that I have used. You can easily adjust the recipe for any number of potatoes as well as adjusting the amounts of toppings that you use.
Any size potato can be used, however a smaller sized potato makes a nice serving size. Tiny baby potatoes make great appetizers!
This looks really good, I am very impressed.
Thanks Cookie Monster!
Your Smashed Potatoes were a big hit in our home!
Thank you for a great blog !
Thanks Mom 🙂
Looks amazing! I can’t wait to try!
Thanks for the easy quick recipe
Thanks Jen! Hope you like it!