- 1 lb (454g) mango flesh from about 1 1/2 lbs (680g) fresh mango (to yield 1 1/2 cups puree) room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime or lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste
- few pinches salt
- Puree mango to yield about 1 1/2 cups puree.
- Add lime, water, sugar, and salt and process until very smooth and sugar dissolves.
- Taste and adjust sugar, lime, and salt as necessary.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a refrigerator safe bowl.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Churn in ice cream machine until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Put in freezer safe bowl and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, let rest on counter a few minutes before scooping.