These Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes are the perfect combination of creamy, tart, and sweet in the cutest little cakes. Quick and easy to make using a muffin pan and paper liners.
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) graham cracker crumbs (about 10 full-sheets)
- 3 tablespoons (37g) granulated sugar
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons (64g) butter (melted)
For the cheesecake filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese ((454g), softened to room temperature)
- 2/3 cup (132g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (57g) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 4 ½ tablespoons (64g) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
For the Whipping Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
For the optional Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- 1 teaspoon plain (unflavored gelatin)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon whipping cream
- Freshly grated lime zest
To make the graham cracker crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-count muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners and set aside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Evenly distribute the mixture between all 12 cavities of the muffin pans, making sure to press each one down firmly into an even layer. Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Keep oven temperature at 350°F.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the lime juice, lime zest, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Then, add in the eggs one at a time and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Evenly distribute the cheesecake filling between all 12 cavities of the muffin pans. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until the tops of the cheesecakes are set. The center should be slightly jiggly. Don't over-bake. If you notice them starting to crack in the oven, they are over-baking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour. Wrap with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- You can serve these mini cheesecakes in the liners. If you prefer to remove the liners before serving, place the cheesecakes in the freezer for 30 minutes or so to make it easier to remove them.
- Pipe the freshly whipped cream on to the top of each mini cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated lime zest if desired.
For Whipped Cream or optional Stabilized Whipped Cream:
- If making optional Stabilized whipped cream, stir 1 teaspoon of powdered, plain gelatin into 1 tablespoon of water. Let it rest for 5 minutes so the water is fully absorbed. Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for 5-7 seconds so that it melts and smooths. Let it cool slightly and stir in 1 teaspoon of whipping cream.
- With a cold bowl and cold beaters, whip the cream and sugar until it thickens and forms soft peaks (when you lift the beaters out of the bowl the whipped cream folds over).
- If making the optional Stabilized Whipped Cream, with the mixer on low, slowly pour the cooled gelatin mixture in as your mixing the whipped cream.
- Continue mixing the whipped cream on medium high until you have stiff peaks (when you lift the beaters out of the bowl, the whipped cream stands straight up and doesn’t fold over), but don’t let it get crumbly.
- Transfer whipped cream to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, and pipe on cheesecakes.
- Garnish with freshly grated lime zest.
Store mini cheesecakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Freezing instructions: Mini cheesecakes will freeze well for up to 3 months. Store in a freezer bag or container, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Add the whipped cream once the cheesecakes have thawed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini key lime cheesecakes