This Orange Olive Oil Cake is so tender, so light, and so moist with a lovely hint of orange and a rustic, crackly topping. It’s sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour ((8.75oz, 248g))
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups sugar ((8.75oz, 248g))
- Finely grated orange zest from 2 oranges ((1 tablespoon, 6g))
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil ((5.25oz, 149g))
- ¾ cup orange juice ((6.9oz, 197g))
- 2 tablespoons sugar ((.9oz, 25g))
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Put flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl and whisk to combine.
- Using stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip eggs on medium speed until foamy, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and orange zest. Whip on high speed until mixture is fluffy and pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium. With mixer running, slowly pour in oil and mix until oil is fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add half of flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Add orange juice and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated, about 1 minute, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over entire surface.
- Bake until cake is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove side of pan and let cake cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
Notes: I also like to make this Orange Olive Oil Cake in a 10-inch springform pan. Increase the sugar to 2 ½ tablespoons sugar. The cooking time may decrease slightly.