Peanut Butter Blossoms – soft and chewy peanut butter cookies topped with a chocolate kiss. Their sweet and salty combination is irresistible!
- 1/2 cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (107g) light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup (128g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup (210g) all-purpose flour (spoon and level method)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To finish the cookies:
- granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 27-36 chocolate kisses unwrapped (depending on the size of your dough balls)
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the sugars, butter, and peanut butter and mix until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the bowl and add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Then add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined and there are no streaks of flour.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes (or up to one day).
- Unwrap the chocolate kisses and set on a plate in the refrigerator.
To bake the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375° F with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line a light colored metal baking sheet with parchment.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons) scoop dough and roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll the dough balls in granulated sugar and place on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 375° oven until the cookies turn slightly golden and form cracks, about 9 minutes. As soon as they form cracks remove them from the oven.
- While the cookies are still warm, press an unwrapped chocolate kiss into the middle of the cookie. This will cause more cracks to form.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 129
Keywords: chocolate, cookies, easy, Hershey's Kisses, holiday, peanut butter, peanut butter blossoms