Berry Tartlets with Lemon Mascarpone Cream. When I have a guest that I would like to impress, these are the little tartlets I turn to. These Berry Tartlets with Lemon Mascarpone Cream never fail to impress. A light and buttery cookie dough shell holds a creamy, luscious Lemon Mascarpone Cream. Hidden underneath is a bright and sunny Lemon Curd. The crown jewel on top – a delicious, juicy berry. Light and refreshing, they’re a delightful combination.
To make the tartlet shells
- Follow the recipe for the Sweet Pastry Crust making the shells in small, tartlet size tins.
- I find it easiest to press another tartlet tin on top of the crust to hold its shape during freezing and baking. The crust dough would then be sandwiched between two tartlet tins. This replaces the need to line the tartlet shells with foil or parchment and then filling with pie weights.
- Freeze the filled tartlet shells until firm.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until the edges turn golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes then remove tartlet shells from tins and place on a rack to cool.
- When tartlet shells are cool, heat apricot jam until it starts to bubble. Don’t let it cook too long or it will become sticky and hard.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of the apricot jam on the insides of the tartlet shells. This prevents them from getting soggy after the filling is put in.
To assemble the tartlets
- Spoon about a teaspoon of Lemon Curd into the jam-painted tartlet shells.
- Pipe or spoon the Lemon Mascarpone Cream to fill the tartlets.
- Top with berries.
One batch of the Lemon Curd will provide enough for the bottom of the tart shells and the 1/2 batch Luscious Lemon Mascarpone Cream.
- Category: Dessert