Super creamy and smooth Mango Cheesecake with a shortbread cookie crust, topped with sweet, tangy mango curd and slices of fresh mango. It’s like sunshine on a plate!
FOR THE CHEESECAKE BASE:
- 200g shortbread cookies to make 1 ½ cups crumbs *see note
- 3 tablespoons (43g) butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 ½ pounds (680g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (200g) sugar (use 1 ¼ cups if your mangoes aren’t very sweet)
- 3 tablespoons (21g) cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups (15oz) mango purée (from about 3 large mangoes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3/4 cup mango curd
- Sliced mangoes and mini sugar pearl sprinkles to decorate *see note
Adjust the oven rack to the lower middle position and preheat the oven to 325° F
FOR THE CHEESECAKE BASE:
- Pulse the shortbread cookies in a food processor until they become fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Press firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust until golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- With a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl. Add sugar and cornstarch and beat another 2 minutes, scraping down bowl halfway through.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed for 20 seconds after each egg. Scrape down bowl.
- Add mango puree, lime juice, and salt and mix until combined.
- To assemble and bake the cheesecake:
- Wrap the springform pan in 2 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Brush the sides of the pan with butter or spray with nonstick spray.
- Pour the cheesecake batter onto the prebaked crust and smooth the surface. Tap bowl on the counter several times so that any large air bubbles come up.
- Put the cheesecake into a larger pan and fill with hot water half way up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake until the sides are puffy and golden, and the center is still slightly jiggly, about 1 ½ hours.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the cake to loosen it from the edges of the pan. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 3 hours.
- Pour Mango Curd on top of cooled cheesecake and smooth.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold and firmly set, at least 6 hours.
- Gently unmold cheesecake and remove the sides of the pan. Slide a thin metal spatula between the crust and pan bottom. Gently slide cheesecake onto a serving platter. If the bottom of your pan has a small lip around it, it may be easier to leave the pan bottom under the cheesecake and place it on the serving plate.
- Decorate with sliced mango, if desired.
For a graham cracker crust, use 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
If you don’t mind heating your kitchen, baking the cheesecake in a 325° F oven for an hour (until it reaches 150 degrees), then turning off the heat and cracking the oven door open for another hour, lets the cheesecake cool off slowly to further ensure cracks don’t form. I like to use this method in the cooler months.
Cooking time does not include cooling and chilling time.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes (plus cooling time)
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, mango, dessert