Creamy, Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Pasta – sautéed mushrooms and baby spinach tossed with buttered fettucine in a garlicky, parmesan cream sauce. So delicious and so quick and easy to make! This dish is all flavor. You’ve got to love a restaurant quality meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
This summer has been crazy busy and dishes like this Creamy, Cheesy Spinach Mushroom Pasta keep healthy, wholesome dishes on the table in less than 30 minutes. So simple to make, yet elegant enough for date night.
A small, chopped onion is sautéed in olive oil until it becomes soft. Sliced mushrooms are added and sautéed until golden brown. Garlic is added next and sautéed for just a minute.
To finish the sauce, cream, broth, parmesan cheese, and thyme are added and simmered until the cheese melts. the heat is turned off and baby spinach is stirred in. Fresh or dried thyme perfectly complements the mushroom sauce.
The sauce is then tossed with hot, buttered pasta.
Enjoy this Creamy, Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Pasta as a delicious vegetarian meal, or add sliced, grilled chicken if you prefer.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to pin for later!
- 8oz fettucine or other pasta cooked until al dente and tossed with 1 tablespoon butter.
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8oz (227g) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 cup cream (8oz, 227g)
- 1 cup water (8oz, 227g)
- 1 bouillon cube (vegetarian or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (2oz, 57g)
- 6oz baby spinach, roughly chopped or whole (170g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until softened.
- Add mushrooms, stir, and cover for a few minutes until liquid is released from mushrooms.
- Remove the lid and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the cream, water, bouillon cube, and thyme. When it simmers and the bouillon cube has dissolved, add the Parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Add baby spinach and stir. It will wilt into the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss hot, buttered pasta with sauce. Serve immediately.
- If making ahead of time, Keep the pasta and sauce separate. Toss just before serving.
You might also like: