- 8oz fettucine or other pasta cooked until al dente and tossed with 1 tablespoon butter.
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8oz (227g) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 cup cream (8oz, 227g)
- 1 cup water (8oz, 227g)
- 1 bouillon cube (vegetarian or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (2oz, 57g)
- 6oz baby spinach, roughly chopped or whole (170g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until softened.
- Add mushrooms, stir, and cover for a few minutes until liquid is released from mushrooms.
- Remove the lid and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the cream, water, bouillon cube, and thyme. When it simmers and the bouillon cube has dissolved, add the Parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Add baby spinach and stir. It will wilt into the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss hot, buttered pasta with sauce. Serve immediately.
- If making ahead of time, Keep the pasta and sauce separate. Toss just before serving.