Homemade Pistachio Syrup recipe – a simple sugar syrup infused with the rich, nutty flavor of fresh pistachios. The perfect pistachio coffee syrup for flavoring coffee and lattes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup roasted, lightly salted pistachios, chopped
- Optional: ½ tsp almond extract or flavoring
- Combine the sugar, water, and pistachios in a small pan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add the optional almond extract in the last 2-3 minutes of simmering to remove the boozy taste
- Remove from heat. Let the syrup rest for 15 minutes to infuse the flavor.
- Strain through cheesecloth and a fine mesh strainer. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pistachio, syrup, coffee, flavoring