Pumpkin Streusel Muffins – a light, tender pumpkin muffin topped with the most amazing buttery, brown sugar, pumpkin spice streusel and an easy vanilla glaze.
For the Pumpkin Muffins:
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (53g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (227g) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ¼ cups (177g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice (or cinnamon (See Note 1))
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup (142g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (106g) light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup (66g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 6 Tablespoons (85g) butter melted and cooled
For the vanilla glaze:
- ¾ cup (171g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners and spray lightly with nonstick baking spray. Alternatively, if you don’t want to use paper liners, just spray the muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
For the muffins:
- Whisk the eggs, sugars, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, and cooled, melted butter until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until well-combined.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, taking care to not overmix the batter.
- Evenly divide muffin batter into prepared muffin tin.
For the Streusel:
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, and pumpkin pie spice. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until crumbly. Don't overmix the streusel.
- Sprinkly the streusel over muffin batter and gently press the topping into the batter.
- Bake muffins on the middle rack until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a crumb or two sticking to it, about 19-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Glaze:
- Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk, adding the milk slowly until it reaches the desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
NOTE 1: If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can use cinnamon or click the link here to make homemade pumpkin pie spice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast, crumb cake muffins, dessert, easy, muffins, pumpkin, pumpkin muffins, quick, snack, streusel