What could be better than pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving? A Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Cobbler! Add some whipped cream and a Caramel Drizzle… It’s sure to be a family favorite!
My mother, a fantastic cook, has been making this Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Cobbler since we were young children.
This Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Cobbler has all the goodness of a pumpkin pie with a Pecan Crumble topping for added flavor and texture. It’s simple to make, much easier than pie. For one thing, there’s no crust to roll out. And the secret ingredient….a boxed cake mix.
Part of the cake mix is combined with butter, egg, and baking powder and spread into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan. How easy is that for a crust?!
The filling is made from traditional pumpkin pie ingredients.
The pumpkin filling is spread over the bottom layer.
3/4 of the cake mix is reserved and mixed with butter and sugar to form the crumb topping which is sprinkled on top.
Chopped pecans are sprinkled on last for flavor and crunch.
The Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Cobbler is baked at 350 until the top starts turning golden brown, and viola! As easy as pie…No! Easier!
Drizzle with Caramel Sauce and top with whipped cream or eat it plain as it is, either way it’s delicious!
|Pecan Crumble Pumpkin Cobbler with a Caramel Drizzle|| |
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (reserve ¾ cup for topping)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter, melted (1/2 cup, 4oz, 115g)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 29 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling) (822g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup brown sugar (3.75oz, 107g)
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar (1.75oz, 50g)
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk (6oz, 170g)
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ¾ cup reserved cake mix
- ½ cup white granulated sugar (3.5oz, 100g)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cold (2oz, 57g)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Combine crust ingredients and spread onto bottom of 9 by 13 baking pan that has been buttered or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin filling ingredients until thoroughly combined and pour into baking dish on top of crust layer.
- Combine ¾ cup reserved cake mix, sugar, and butter. Crumble together with fingers and sprinkle on top of pumpkin filling.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans on top.
- Bake at 350 F until golden brown on top, about 1 hour.
- Drizzle with Caramel Sauce and top with whipped cream.