You’re going to love these 15-minute, Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts! Juicy chicken breasts in the most epic honey sriracha sauce. This sauce is LIQUID GOLD!
15 minute dinner for busy evenings
Everyone needs a quick, weeknight dinner recipe in their back pocket. I whip this one out a lot! It’s super fast, super easy, and super delicious!
Honey Sriracha Sauce is LIQUID GOLD
Let me tell you friends, this sauce is incredible. With honey, sriracha, garlic, and lime – it’s a little sweet, a little spicy, a little tangy, and a whole lot of YUM! It simmers down just a bit to become a little syrupy and it just clings to the chicken. Plus, there’s enough sauce to sprinkle over rice or mop up with some crusty bread.
Add this to your arsenal of chicken breast recipes
I used chicken breasts in this recipe, because they cook up so fast. Definitely a plus on busy evenings! You can also make it with boneless chicken thighs if you prefer. If your chicken breasts are on the larger side, cut them in half horizontally to make thinner fillets. Mine were on the smaller side so I just hit them a bit with a kitchen mallet to even them out. I’ve dredged these breasts in flour before cooking. It’s totally optional, but I like the crispy coating it gives to the chicken and how it keeps the breasts juicy. Plus the sauce just clings to every nook and cranny!
How to make Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts
Making these Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts is so easy.
- Salt and pepper the chicken, then dredge in flour.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
- Push the chicken to one side of the pan and put in the butter and garlic.
- Cook the garlic for a half a minute then add the sauce ingredients. Let it simmer for a minute to get bubbly and syrupy, coating the chicken breasts. And done! How easy was that?!
Do these chicken breasts look good or what? Crispy outside and so juicy inside.
How to serve Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts
These Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts are perfect served with rice and a steamed veggie like broccoli. I made sure there was enough sauce to drizzle over the rice.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Breasts
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup honey (113g)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (Asian Chile Sauce) (34g)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (30g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce (27g)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (16g)
For the chicken:
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (500g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (35g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1` tablespoon butter (28g)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- sliced green onion
- sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
For the chicken:
- If your chicken breasts are on the larger side, cut them in half horizontally to make thinner fillets. If they are on the smaller side, hit them a bit with a kitchen mallet to even them out.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts to taste. Dredge in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a pan over high heat. Sauté chicken breasts until golden brown on each side and cooked through.
- Either remove chicken from pan or push to one side.
- Add butter and garlic to pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Let simmer for about 1 minute or until desired thickness.
- Turn off heat. Return chicken to pan (or spread out if pushed to one side) and coat with sauce.
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve.
Subscribe to FOODTASIA’S NEWSLETTER to receive fresh recipes straight to your inbox.
You might also like: