Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe – a soft, tender pumpkin muffin filled with chocolate chips. Makes the perfect breakfast or snack.
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (53g) light brown sugar
- 1 cup (227g) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (113g) vegetable oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled (see note)
- 1 ¼ cups (177g) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep method)
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice or cinnamon (See Note)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11oz (312g) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners and spray lightly with nonstick baking spray. Alternatively, if you don’t want to use paper liners, just spray the muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
For the muffins:
- Whisk the eggs, sugars, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, and cooled, melted butter until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice until well-combined.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, taking care to not overmix the batter. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide muffin batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake muffins on the middle rack until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a crumb or two sticking to it, about 19-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Spraying the paper liners with baking spray is optional, but the muffins pull away from the liners more neatly if you do.
Pumpkin spice is a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. It’s easy to make your own if you don’t have any on hand. These muffins are also wonderful with just cinnamon.
Optional add ins: Walnuts, pecans , dried cranberries, or pumpkin seeds would would make tasty additions.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert, breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin, muffins, chocolate chips,