Maple Pecan Pumpkin Spice Granola – Crunchy clusters of maple sweetened granola with whole rolled oats, pecans, dates, pepitas, coconut, and warm pumpkin spice. Sprinkle on top of Greek yogurt for a Greek yogurt bowl, pour milk over to eat as a breakfast cereal, or snack on by the handful. Healthy, delicious, and so easy to make. Added bonus: your kitchen will smell amazing!
Maple Pecan Pumpkin Spice Granola is incredibly easy to make. Not only is it much less expensive than store bought brands, it tastes so much better. When you make your own granola at home you can avoid unhealthy additives: unhealthy oils, added processed sugars, chemicals, and preservatives.
Just mix together the dry ingredients (except the coconut and the dates), add the wet ingredients, and toss to combine. The coconut is added in the last fifteen minutes of baking so that it comes out perfectly toasted. The dates are added after the baked granola has cooled.
Spread the granola on a baking sheet. I have a great non-stick baking pan that I love. If your baking sheet isn’t non-stick, first line it with a sheet of baking parchment.
Stir the granola halfway through cooking, after about 15 minutes, and add the coconut. If you like your granola in crunchy clusters, gently press down on it at this point and don’t stir again. When the granola is lightly golden brown, remove it from the oven and let it cool. (Once again without stirring if you want crunchy clusters.) When the Maple Pecan Pumpkin Spice Granola has cooled completely, gently break apart into the sized chunks you prefer.
|Pumpkin Spice Maple Pecan Granola with Dates and Pepitas|| |
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped dates
- Combine oats, pecans, pepitas, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Put granola mixture on a non-stick baking sheet or a baking sheet covered with baking parchment.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut to granola and stir gently. Press down lightly on the granola if you want it to form clusters.
- Bake another 15 minutes until granola is golden and fragrant.
- Let cool without stirring.
- Break pieces of granola into clusters of desired size. Add chopped dates.
- Store in an airtight container.